Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Double Take!

OMGoodness! Could it be? Yep! Its me!! Im back. I'm a slacker and cannot believe I let myself go months without updating the blog. I'm sure everyone out there is wondering where the heck are we? Right?...no?...okay I didnt think so either. But we are here! Never went anywhere! Just keeping busy...or being lazy...It seems I update my FaceBook account daily so why should I keep this updated? Well not everyone has FB. Shocking, I know.

So in the last few months we celebrated Christmas, a New Year and Valentines Day. We also celebrated the births of new babies into this wonderful world and celebrated the lives of friends/family we lost. I also created a New Year Resolution for myself. I promise to finish what I have started. Another reason I am updating the blog. I have also received a couple of chances to practice photography by taking photo shoots of friends and family. I still have a lot to learn.

So what is going on? I still have short hair. HA! I havent broke down and bought a wig of long hair. I am still enjoying ym short hair. We will see if I have the same feelings this summer. Speaking of hair, Alex wants hair like Mommy's. Im not chopping her hair but am growing our her bangs and giving her a side part. So right now she is in the midst of a style change and its rather messy looking at times. I just keep reminding myself "Its just temporary. It is growing. Give it time. Dont cut it".

Alexandra has recently started learning how to spell and write her name. We are working on Alex rather than the full Alexandra. She is doing such a great job. She gets so proud of herself when she rights every letter correctly. You can tell by looking at our shower walls what letter she is working on that week. She likes to practice writing on the shower walls with washable crayons made for the tub. Which I hesitated buying for a couple of years. I didnt allow these crayons in our house until she learned right from wrong. Because she is older she understands and knows its wrong to color on the walls. I was afraid introducing her to these crayons too early at an age would make her think it was ok to write on walls with any crayon/marker/pen.

Because she would rather play with the crayons in the tub I have decided to throw away all of her bath toys. You ask, "why do that to her?" well I hate bath toys now. As a child I ALWAYS had bath toys. I didnt realize until having my own child what work it is to have bath toys. Constantly washing, drying, bleaching and disinfecting these darn things. Mold grows on these toys like weeds. And my child likes to put things in her mouth. All of the time. We never ever had to worry about her putting items in her mouth as a baby until she got older, like around 3. The child is always slurping up water, sucking on wash cloths, nibbling toys, playing tea party, etc. We see this mold growing on and in her bath toys and its disgusting. On the evening of her 4th birthday party she took a bath. I caught her sucking on a toy and then noticed after scolding her, the toy had mold in it. Within a few mins I had a barfing child. And it lasted all night until early in the morning. Because of the content of the vomit and no signs of fever, I now think its because of the mold she consumed. Absolutely disgusting. And I feel so bad as if it's my fault.
So I decided, no more toys in the bath tub.

I have lots of pictures to share but all are on my laptop at home. I will update very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment