Saturday, November 27, 2010

Celebrating 30 Years

Today is my 30th birthday. I have planned for many months to donate my hair to a charity that provides wigs to sick children who have lost their hair because of an illness. I researched for weeks and found Wigs For Kids. My cousin informed me of the program, advising they do not charge the family in need of the hair, unlike Locks of Love. My closests friends Kari and Amy joined me today at the salon taking play by play pictures. I was suprised I did not cry. I was so excited for a change and to donate my hair. I have never had short hair so this was an extreme step for me. I did not go in with a style picked out. I just let her "wing it". And it turned out great1 I love it. I love my part has moved to the side. I never thought I could do that after 30 years of being in the middle. I love how its short and out of the way. I love I dont get it caught in the door, caught in zippers, caught under my arm. I love sitting next to Doug in the car and begging him to get off my hair that he has laid his arm on while using the arm rest.
This is only my first day with the short hair. And I am nervous to watch it because Im afraid I wont get it to the style the same way. But I am willing to work with it and try.




And for some reason when I post pics using my laptop, it doesnt allow me to rearrange the pics. So they are out of order, Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment