Friday, July 18, 2008

Just an Update

Alexandra is feeling much better after her experience with the hands, feet and mouth virus. She has an appetite back and starting to drink her juice again. I believe all the blisters in her mouth are gone. She does have a few blisters left on the bottoms of her feet. The blisters either pop (Yuck!) or just go away. She still has one blister on her finger.
As for myself, Im feeling better as well. As some know Doug and I woke up with sore throats Sunday morning. It hurt worse for me as I could not talk (Doug was enjoying that), eat or cough without cringing. Tuesday I planned to stay home with Alex but ended up taking her back to daycare and spending most of the day in bed or on the couch. I was achy and felt warm. I went back to work Wednesday but didnt have much of a voice to speak to anyone. By Thursday I had a scratchy voice, not as much coughing but some sneezing. Today Im doing pretty good other than sneezing. I always seem to get a few colds in the summer no matter how much vitamins I take. And of course, Doug, he is fine. Sore throat went away by Monday.

Alex is quite the chatter box still. We continue to get compliments on how much she talks. She is adding more words and sentences to her vocabulary. She continues to tell barking dogs to "Hush". Her first sentence was about a month ago when she ran to the fence where Lucifer was on the other side. She ran back to me and Doug saying "I touched Bubby". She continued to do that laughing as it was a game touching Lucifer through the fence. She now calls our cat by her name Yasmine rather than just Kitty-Kitty. She picked up quickly on how to use the word "please" and continues to say please when asking for something. "Thank you" was a little more difficult. But she has finally picked up on it and uses it appropriately too. She recently started calling me Me-Me and she doesnt call me Daddy anymore when I walk in the door at daycare. We continue to use flash cards of animals. She knows pig, cow, cat, dog, duck, frog, fish and bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment