Saturday, August 2, 2008

Slacker




Um, yes I have been slacking trying to keep this updated recently. We have been staying busy with work, school, Alex, friends and family. I have been working some overtime trying to keep up with the busy season. Recently found out my supv took on a new position which means we will be getting a new supervisor. Im really nervous about that. Name is to be announced soon. It is an internal posting so Im anxious to find out who it will be. This might determine if I stay with Hartford or not. I dont want to leave after almost 7 years.
Doug is still in school, working for BG and running his internet business FMKustoms. It has been some what slow this year but everyonce in a while he makes a very profitable sale.
Alex got to meet a brand new baby a couple of weeks ago. My friends Ayesha and Jhason had a baby boy Zane. We visited them at the hospital. Right when we walked in she pointed out the baby. Throughout our stay she continued to remind me when talking that the baby was sleeping. She would say "Me-Me, baby sleeping. Shhh" in a whisper. Sh really wasnt too interested in the baby. She was more worried about getting wipes to clean the hospital floor.
We took Alexandra to the Marion County Fair 2 weeks ago. She really enjoyed the animals. She got to see cows, pigs, sheep and goats. We also watched the Demolition Derby. My whole life I remember going to the fair to help my dad and the Marlins pull out derby cars with tractors. We got front row seats sitting inside the fence next to the pit. This year we watched it from the bleachers. Alex did really good too. We were afraid the loud cars would frighten her, but didnt at all. Later after most of the cars were gone, we went in the fence and got a closer look with Uncle Ty.
We tried to go boating last Sunday with my dad, Lisa, Ashley, Kyle, Ethan & Brandon. The whole day seemed to be mad khaos between the blown tire on the camper, getting split up from my dad and not able to find the camp site and finding new born kittens in the boat. By the time they decided they would get in the water, it was almost 4:30. Doug and I wanted to be leaving at 5 to head home. So we didnt end up getting in the water. The rest of my family stayed for a few days on the lake. Maybe next time....
Alex got to try out first hand eating corn on the cob. If anyone knows me, I absolutely love corn on the cob. Growing up, every summer, we used to pick fresh corn from a farmer friends garden. My dad and I would make a huge pot of corn, stand over the sink and just eat away until we were so full. Alex enjoys corn and last evening we made some w/ dinner. We usually cut the corn off the cob for her. She sat with us and watched how we ate it. So she picked up Dougs cob and started eating away. She finished Dougs and one of mine, so we then gave her a full cob. She really enjoyed eating it. She definitely got the love for corn on the cob from the Buchanan side.





No comments:

Post a Comment