Sunday, July 13, 2008

So Soon?

Thursday evening I came home late from work. Doug and Alex were sitting on the couch and she looked unhappy. Doug said she had been whiney and wanted to be held all the time. She is drooling a lot. She also felt warm. After an hour or so she was back to her normal self. We played outside with the neighbors for a couple of hours. Had a bath and off to bed.
Friday as Im on my way to pick her up from daycare I receive a call from Amy advising Alex has a temperature of 102 and is whining and crying. This has all occurred within the last hour. Alex greets me at the door, saying "Me-Me" and looks pathetic. We get home and she naps for a few, wakes up and is Miss Sensitive Susie. I notice her drooling again. We start the motrin/tylenol trick as we notice she is still warm. She doesnt want to eat. After walking on glass around her for an hour or so, Alex totally does a 180 and is back to her silly, rambunctious, daring, crazy self.
So saturday she wakes up crying. She still has a fever and her pillow is sopping wet. Literally we sat around all day with her trying to make her comfortable and happy. I start to notice lots and lots of drooling to the point she has soaked my shoulder after resting her head. She continues to hold a fever. Her eyes and face seem swollen as well. Then we give her a banana. She sits down at her table, takes one bite and starts crying. As Im asking her what is wrong, in baby language she is babbling something and then spits out the banana. Totally not her! She puts her finger in her mouth. Does her throat hurt when she swallows? Did she cut her mouth when chewing on a rock the other day? No, Its her teeth, had to be. The drooling, fever, swollen eyes and face, sensitivity and now spitting out bananas. She has to be getting her two year molars. I really was not expecting these to pop through so soon. I havent been able to look inside and into the back of her mouth. but I think her molars are starting to come down. I feel like we just got over the canines which was what seemed the worse teething experience so far. I wanted a lil longer break with teething but guess it came sooner. So now she sucks on cold wash rags, pacifier and teething rings. I have been told canines and two year molars are the worse. This is also the first time she has gotten a fever with teething. So we really did think she was sick. So now today we are waiting for her to wake up and start another fun filled day with hissy fits and mood swings. I plan to call the dr monday morning to discuss it and maybe even take her in if they advise. I want to make sure its teething and nothing else.We are hoping medicine will kick in at the right time as well. We have dinner plans with Dougs dad, step mom, step brother and neice. I truely hope she is in a good mood tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment