Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ribbit! Ribbit!

I have a new project! Since I released the butterflies I have been itching to grow something else. I decided on Tadpoles. I ordered a frog kit which came with directions/care book and a habitat for tadoles and frogs. The certificate that came with it allowed me to buy tadpoles for $14 but a friend found them cheaper at a local pet store. The store finally had tadpoles in stock and tonight we bought two. We brought them home where we placed them in their habitat. For a while they will be pretty boring as they slowly grow legs. Once the legs come in, their tails will slowly go away...and PRESTO... We have our frogs. I made sure with the pet store that I can release them in the wild once they are fully grown. So now we just sit, wait and watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment