Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I go potty"

For a while now I have been researching potty training. Though I think its still too early to try with Alexandra. We were given a potty training chair that plays music, sings and talks to you. I had it packed up in a closet for a while until Alex started mentioning potty. I brought it out and placed it in her bathroom where she sees it anytime she goes in there. She always points it out and says "Potty" and sometimes sits on it. Lately I have been letting her come into the bathroom when I use it. She points out that Im pottying, hands me tissue and wants to flush the toilet. Doug and I also have been trying to get Alex to tell us when she potties or poops. She will tell us when she goes #2 but we are still working on #1. She also doesnt like to have a dirty diaper and when we ask "Do you want to change your butt?" she will run straight to her room where we change her. Lastnight we walked by the bathroom and she went to the door so I opened it. She ran in and said "I go potty" and sat on her lil toilet. I asked her what she was doing and she repeated it. She sat there for a minute or so, got some tissue and "wiped" herself, throwing the paper into the big toilet. Now this whole time she had a diaper on, but Im wondering if she really did go potty (in her diaper). Im still not going to push the training and will continue to get her more familiar with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment