Monday, August 18, 2008

Stop Spinning Already!

As some know, I have back pains. I have always had them and probably always will. I get the aches and pains from sitting too long, bending over, standing, etc. My father has always had issues and I think I inherited it. Thanks dad, still love you though! This was one of my major concerns when trying to get pregnant. But was very lucky and didnt have any problems. Recently my pains and aches have become burning sensations all over. It started after our office moved into a new office. Everyone received new chairs and our workstations were set up differently. I gave it some time to get used to the new work environment, but the burning started. I am not one to complain and moan but then overheard several other coworkers discussing their back issues since we have moved. So I advised my superior who then got me a new chair. Thought that would help but didnt. I bought in a pillow for a few weeks which relieved some pain for a while but it just seems to come back. I finally made an appt with the dr and prescribed Cymbalta. Yes the depression, anxiety and stress medicine that also works for some big word that means pains caused by and in the nerves. So the stress I have been experiencing for a while now is now being felt in the nerves of my back.
I am not the one to depend on medicines either. I was very lucky after having Alex and didnt need anything. Well I kept putting off the medicine and finally took it Saturday. Never again. I havent felt so dizzy, anxious, out of it sweaty with cotton mouth. Ugh. I hate this feeling. I was even to the point of messing up on my speech. I didnt take anymore since Saturday but still feeling the side effects today on Monday. I have called my dr and a new prescription has been called in for me. Some muscle relaxer that I take twice a day. So we will see how this works out for me.
Im also thinking of going to a chiroprator, maybe i just need to be realligned or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment