Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from my mini vacation






Over the past weekend a friend and I took a trip to Chicago to visit a friend we used to work with. Teresa and I left Friday morning after dropping off Alex at Daycare. This was the first time I have been away from Alex more than one day. We arrived at the commercial Hartford office around 10:30. We finally were able to see Debi after a long 4 years. We had tried several times to take a trip up there or for her to visit Indpls, but something always came up. We also got to meet many coworkers we talk to daily either on the phone or email. It was great to put faces to names. Later Friday night we hung out with some friends at Debis house. Saturday we went to the Taste of Chicago where we ate sausage and spinach stuffed pizza, canolies, cheesecake, tamales, homemade chips larger and taller than I have ever seen, chocolate dipped strawberries, and some more items I dont remember their names. Debi showed us around downtown Chicago where we checked out Lake Michigan, Navy Pier and all the beautiful buildings and condos. We even saw Oprahs condo she used to live in. Saturday night we lounged around, watched movies and vegged some more. Sunday morning Teresa and I headed home. I arrived around 4ish. As I walked in the house, Alex ran to me, stopped, got down on all fours and crawled to me panting with her tongue hangin out. She loves to pretend to be a dog. I had a great time and I needed it very badly. The last few weeks have been rather stressful with work and family issues. Im just glad I finally was able to see Debi. And I did really well away from Alex. I started missing her a lot when Doug was sending me pictures of her watching the Greenwood fireworks on the cell. But other than that evening, I did really good trying not to think of her and Doug.


No comments:

Post a Comment