Friday, August 28, 2009

R.I.P. Yasmine-Jasmine

Thursday evening we lost a member of our family, Yasmine. She lived a long life, 14 memorable years with me. I found her one day while babysitting at an apartment complex. I was 15 years old. She cried at the back glass door. She was so skinny, had been shaved on one side, her tail was broke and she had a limp. I called my mom and told her I was bringing her home. After a thorough check up with the vet, he determined her to be approx. 1 year old. She was pumped up with vitamins and became a very healthy, playful cat. She became a mom of 4 kittens and even fostered 4 more kittens when another cat refused to feed her own. When I moved out, she came with me. She finally got used to Doug after about 2 years. She moved with us from apartment to house. She was the best cat I have ever had, and for some people who know me, I have had A LOT of cats. I have so many memories with her. Laying on the roof in the warm sunlight, waiting for me to get home from school at my window, sneaking her into my room at night, catching mice for my dad who claimed her as the best mouser we had, gaining some weight she earned the nickname Phatty-Girl, introducing herself to 8 week old Lucifer by scratching his nose and making him yelp the day he came home, showing me that I blocked the entrance to her litter box and she waited all night for me to fix it without any accidents and sooo many more memories. She will truely be missed and never forgotten. She was the best cat one could ask for. I will miss the greetings from her as she sat on the table, every morning and evening. I will miss cuddling next to her in front of the roaring fireplace on cold winter days. I will miss her soft cry, loud purr and wet nose as she wakes me up at night just to be loved. There will always be a place on my pillow she cuddled every night next to me. I will remember the last breath she took as I held her in my arms. I will treasure all the memories we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment