Thursday, August 6, 2009

Its August Already?!?

So July came and went by so quickly. I am not ready for the summer to end. I cannot stand being cold and dont look forward to it. But N-E-Ways
So what have we been up too? Working a lot it seems. Then by the time we get home, eat dinner and take our baths, its time for bed. But I finally found a moment to catch up on here. I finished my online Digital Photography class, receiving a 92% on my final. Yea I got a spiffy certificate that proves my "new knowledge" but it really doesnt mean anything if I were to try to get a job with it. But I was excited to finish the class. I learned a lot and hope to sign up for more. Maybe I can fit an instructor-lead class in one night a week?
Alexandra starts her first gynmastics class Tuesday the 18th. We hope she likes this and learns a lot. Right now she is in the beginners class for 2-3 year olds. Its basically a "tumbling" class.
We are still working on potty training. Sometimes she is really into it, and sometimes not so much. We tried bribing her with a sucker. She lots interest in that fast. Then it was chocolate. Yea, that didnt last long either. One evening, Doug got the bright idea of telling her she can have icecream if she uses the potty. That night was torture. She basically cried all night because she didnt want to pee in the potty BUT she wanted her icecream.
We are also working on getting rid of the paci. She has learned and knows she cannot have it unless she goes to bed. She reminds us that she needs paci. Now we are trying to wean her off at night. I know she can sleep without it because she doesnt have it at daycare during naps. We just arent ready for the tantrums.

This is what happens when a 2 year old decides to take her diaper off in the middle of the night. All the stuffed animals in bed had to be washed and set out to dry. She no longer sleeps in night gowns. Allison, Madison and Alexandra laying

The neighbor next door had to fun water slide. Alex was sooo excited about it. All she talked about was going swimming and sliding.

This is as close she got to it. She would jump in then right back out. She didnt go near the slide. I think it was too tall, too intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment