Sunday, August 16, 2009

Small change in the Thayer household...

This morning I decided Alex needs to get out of the crib and into her big girl bed. So Doug changed the crib over to the day bed. When we showed Alex at first she didnt want to sit in it. She jumped off right away. Then she jumped back in bed and jumped and jumped and jumped. We just let her. I figured if she had fun in the new bed, then it will make the transition a little easier. Right now she is taking her first nap in the big girl bed. I hope she doesnt roll out.
Now its time to continue with the potty training. She did tell us that if she pees in the potty she gets a sucker. But after asking her if she wanted to try, she said "No thanks". So she knows what makes her a big girl, she just isnt ready yet. We will continue to ask her, but not force her. Maybe one day she will decide she is ready and will tell us. I found out that is what I did right after I turned 3. I told my mom one morning I was ready to wear big girl underwear, so my mom put them on and I never had an accident. Im hoping for that to happen soon.

I think Alex looks so grown up here


She asked to try on Mommys glasses. Too Cute!




Grandma Olivia and Alex running through the sprinkler

Alex drinking from the sprinkler





Time for popsicles with Daddy

I love this dress on her. She looks great in pastels.

This is what happens when you leave a 2 yr old and chocolate pudding alone at the same time.

The big girl bed.

Daddy and Alex watching movies in the closet. They were "hiding from Mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment