Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update

Okay so its been a few days since I last posted. I have been busy with a few things and getting on the computer just doesn't fit in the schedule. Alex seems to be growing and changing everyday. She is now counting to 15 all by herself. She says the Alphabet all by herself, sometimes skipping from F to Q. I think she gets excited to sing the end and forgets letters in the middle. We continue to get many compliments on how much she talks and what words she can say. Her vocabulary is getting bigger and bigger everyday. She is putting more sentences together. We try to speak in "adult" terms rather than "baby" talk with her. So if she says "I dig worms" we repeat "You want to dig for worms". She is also very interested in knowing who is a girl, boy, mommy or daddy. She will ask me "Thats a mommy?" when she sees a woman. If I dont see kids with the woman I say "She is a girl". One time putting groceries into the car she said and repeated several times very loudly to the guy sitting in his car next to us "Is that a Daddy?". I laughed and said " I dont know if he is a daddy. He is a boy". I like it when she points out older people are says they are a PaPaw or Grandma. And yes she likes to know if the worm she has found is a mommy or daddy. Sometimes she will tell me what they are depending on their size. She is not shy at all to go to a person and tell them about how cute her hair looks or her new boo-boo or she is going to dig for worms or proudly tell them "I am eetaful (beautiful)". Almost anyone can walk up to her and she will start a conversation with them.
Some very exciting news as well. Alex peed in the potty lastnight (Memorial Day evening). She was running around being silly after she took her diaper off. I then asked if she wanted to go potty and she did. She sat for less than a minute and went. I was sooo shocked because I thought it would be like the other times. She sits, I wait, she says she went when she didnt, she gets up, pretends to flush, sits back down, etc etc. Daddy joined in the bathroom and we were super excited and so proud, letting her know how she was a big girl. And yes Mommy teared up as I always do when she accomplishes something. We told Daycare this morning and they will be working with her as well. Doug and I are so excited for this point and hope it goes well. We are hoping she keeps up with it and doesnt get bored or lose interest, wanting to get back into a diaper. I have seen this happen with a few friends kids so i know its a possibility.
Okay so there is more to share but Im at work and lunch period is over. I have more photos to share as well. So this will be continued soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment