Friday, January 30, 2009

another headache....

okay...so Im finally starting to feel better. I stayed home again from work on Thursday when i woke up with a fever. Rather than staying in bed all day, I made myself stay out of bed and out of our room. I started feeling better by the afternoon. I kept myself busy by doing laundry with our brand new washer and dryer. I am super excited about the washer and dryer because I have never had my own brand new set. We always had hand-me-down sets or bought used. We were always looking for a good deal and looking at different options of different brands. We had our eye set on the Whirlpool HE Cabrio steam dryer and washer set, big enough for a king size comforter! Doug did some research and found it cheapest at HH Gregg. So buying it was the easy part. You would think having it delivered and installed by them would be easy for us as well... ha... try again. We had it delivered on tuesday. They come, deliver it and tell us to test start the washer after a couple of hours allowing time for frozen water in the lines to thaw. So when doug gets home he starts the washer. I go to bed and he jumps in the shower. I wake up and hear Alex saying "Water, water" and Lucifer lapping up something. I run into the laundry room to find Alex and Lucifer standing in about an inch of water. Alex had put both her bearies in the water and Lucifer was drinking it. The drain hose was spraying everywhere. We get the kids out of the water, start to clean up the water and make a call to HH Gregg. They make plans to deliver a new washer Wed. They then cancel all deliveries Wed because of the snow (understandable). So thursday they deliver a new washer, this time they didnt hook it up, afraid the same problem might occurr. We agree to hook it up once the unit warms up. I then notice they didnt level the washer. Doug makes the call to HH Gregg and gets the run-around from the installation guys. He finally curses at them, hangs up and Doug and I have to level the washer ourselves. It was easy but the point is we had this arranged for them to do it, not us. If we ever purchase anything from HH Gregg again, we will take care of the delivery and installation ourselves.


Heres a picture of the set I pulled from the internet....

No comments:

Post a Comment