Monday, November 3, 2008

"What's My Name?"

I cant believe I forgot to share this....
So sometime a few weeks ago as I walk into daycare to pick up Princess Alexandra, she comes running as fast as she can to me. As she is running, normally, she would say "Me-Me!" or "Mommy!". Well not this time. I hear "Caurney" out of her little mouth. I just stood there in shock as one of the daycare ladies asks "Did she just call you Courtney?" Yep, she sure did.. and then it started... from then on at least once a day I hear her call me "Courney". Everytime, I will either ignore her until she says "Mommy" or I will ask her "What's my name?" .. sometimes I will get an immediate "Mommy" with a lil smile... and sometimes she will continue to call me by my name until she finally answers correctly. I wont let her continue to talk until she says it correctly. So now instead of calling out "Doug" all the time to Daddy (which of course he is gleaming from ear to ear because she passed that stage), she is now calling my name. It is cute at the moment because she will have this high pitch in her voice and she has that "not so innocent" look on her face... because knows what she is saying and she knows what she should be saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment