Monday, October 6, 2008

"Shoe please"

I just wanted to share something exciting (at least for Doug and I) that happened over the weekend. Alexandra put on her own sock and shoe... and she put it on the correct foot. I was totally shocked when she called my name into the room, asking for "Help please". She had just put on one of my socks and was having difficulty putting on the other. I asked her if she put the sock on by herself and she said "Yes". After we put on her other sock I told her to go show Daddy. And she did... "Daddy, Daddy, Look Sock, Sock". Then Sunday morning she insisted having her shoes on with her pjs. We didnt want to put her shoes on because she would then want to go outside. It was too early and chilly to go out and play. We kind of ignored her requests. I think she gave up on us and decided to do it herself. She put on her right shoe on the correct foot, but having trouble with the left. Thats when she called for me asking "Shoe please". So of course I had to put it on. She also knows how to get the knots out of her shoe strings. Which surprised me as I was dealing with a triple knot on one of her tennis shoes. She completely unknotted and untied her other shoe while waiting on me.

1 comment:

  1. well i tried to leave a comment! i said she is so smart and we need to do dinner and get the little ladies together!

    ReplyDelete