Thursday, July 26, 2007

All Better Now....

Well Alex had her surgery this morning. The morning went pretty good. Im better now that its all over with. We got there a lil after 7am, signed in, sat for about 15 mins, taken to a room where she would return after surgery. She wore this adorable lil hospital gown that tied in the back. I tried to steal it but the nurse caught me. I had to put her pj's back on. DARN! Doug and I both prepped ourselves for when they came and took her from us. Why did 4 people come back to the room seperately each time and finally the 4th person took her. Each time we got ourselves ready for her to go away but they didnt take her. That was hard. I wasnt allowed to watch her walk away with the nurse. Doug said so.. lol.. It seriously only took exactly 10 mins. She went back to the room at 8:02am and the dr came back to the "consulation room" at 8:12am. Everything went really well. We were allowed to go back to the room to see her. When we arrived she was in the arms of a nurse rocking her. I immediately noticed she had been crying a lot and hard. So of course as Im taking her from the nurse Im crying. She just laid in my arms, sniffling, making lil noises with her eyes shut. Only reason Doug started crying is because he saw me crying. We were able to leave about 15 mins later. I had to hold her on the way home. Before I went back to work we fed her Pedialyte and applesauce. She played for a lil but would have moments she would just shriek and cry. Doug stayed home with her and she has been improving each hour. She is playing, eating and sleeping well.

Now thats its over and done with she better not get anymore infections. I dont want to go through this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment