Monday, April 20, 2009

And the winner is...

Me!! I win the "Mommy of the Year" award. I am not proud and dont have anyone to thank other than myself. Here's the story that landed the award. So Friday as I am picking up Alex from daycare I had to rush. I was blocking everyone in the driveway and had several parents waiting on me. So I am hurrying to get her in the car, pick her up and turn her around and knock her upper lip and tooth right on the open door frame. She's balling. I know it had to hurt. Luckily no blood and her tooth and lip seemed to be fine. All I wanted to do was hold her and hug her and kiss her and tell her how sorry mommy was. Then I started tearing up and realizing is she sees me cry, she will cry even harder. As Im trying to hold my balling baby, all the parents are watching me while sitting in their cars. So I hurry, get her strapped in and tell her over and over while driving how sorry I am. She tells me "I okay" and stops crying but I still want to just hold her. Then she makes me feel 5 times worse by saying "I sorry Mommy" as if she's done something wrong. Oh-my
So we get to Walmart where I need to pick up some potting soil. Alex is doing great, sitting in the cart chatting up a storm. As we are walking, the cart abruptley stops on a hose across the aisle and she flings forward knocking her bottom lip on the cart. And the water works start once again. This time i had the opportunity to hold, hug, kiss and cuddle my baby. Luckily this time only one person witnessed the child abuse I had just accidentally brought upon my child. The walmart worker looked away. Good! Just let me sit here and hold my baby. I didnt need an audience. Again luckily no blood and no loose teeth. But just the feeling I got when she started crying like that made me feel absolutely terrible. And once again, mommy continued her "Im so sorry Baby Doll. Im so sorry Sweet Pea" for her to reply back as she sucking up the tears "I okay mommy. I sorry."
Not one of my proudest moments as a parent.....

No comments:

Post a Comment