Monday, November 26, 2007

First Birthday Bash

Mommy w/ Alex's new diamond earrings
Sharing cake with daddy.
Alex and Uncle Tyler






Playing with her music center
Sitting pretty on her singing chair & table









On Saturday Nov. 24th we celebrated Alexandra's 1st birthday, one week late. I am glad that we postponed the party because she was 100% better and had a lot of fun. We had about 25 people, friends and family that came to the house. It was a simple party, with snacks, cake, ice cream and opening of presents. There are so many years to come that we can have games and activities for everyone to play. She received lots of musical toys, books, outfits and her first pair of diamond earrings from Papaw and Memaw. I had to hold back tears when I opened the earrings. It means a lot to me for my daughter to receive her first diamonds, especially from my father. After presents, we sang to the birthday girl. She didnt care to be the center of attention while we sang. She just glared at everyone with a lil evil eye. We gave her her own special cake. She didnt want to touch it at first, so Daddy placed her hand in it. then she wanted to share with me and Daddy. She kept pretty clean, with only cake on her face and hands. And she liked it very much, especially the icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment