Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Turtle, Turtle, Turtle

One day driving down the road I see a lil dot hurrying across the road. "Oh NO! I just ran over a turtle!" is my first reaction. So of course, I have to turn around. I either have to save the life of a lost turtle or bury the evidence of a murder I just committed. So we do a "Uey" or "Flip-a-Bitch" as my bestie Kari-Kari calls it. After waiting for several cars to pass and road to clear, we (Alex and I) start driving very very slow. No turtle. Darn it! Flip-another-bitch. "Momma, what you driving?" asks Alex (her way of asking why am I driving so crazy making all these turns). "Oh just looking for a turtle." Now I have her attention. Searching again, creeping very slowly on the road, looking for a turtle and trying not to look so obvious to other cars, we dont find the turtle. One more "uey". "Wwweeeee!!!" says Alex as we make our third turn around. Creeping, creeping..... TURTLE!! I turn on my flashers, park the car, jump out, grab him and run back to the car. He is alive!!!! Alex and I named him Lucky. Very suiting for a turtle small enough to fit in my cup holder who crossed two lanes of traffic, dodging about 6 cars equaling 24 tires which doesnt include the first time I passed him and then 3 times I turned around patroling the road... thats an additional 16 tires he missed. Just think, if there were semis traveling down the road... GASP!

We took him home, introduced him to Daddy and then the three of us let him go in our pond.

and then washed our hands... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment