Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend 2009

Hello everyone! What a busy weekend with friends and family. Thursday Thanksgiving morning the three of us spent time watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Alexandra was really excited and into it, mostly because of the balloons and dance performances. She especially liked the Spiderman balloon and pointed it out several times. At the end she pointed out Santa Claus too. When I asked her "Who is that?" as I pointed at Snoopy and Woodstock she said "Dog and dinosaur". Daddy and I will have to spend time with her watching the Christmas cartoons we watched when we were little. Thursday evening we had family over for dinner in our home. It was a great feast with lots of food and plenty of desserts. Alexandra was asleep within 5 minutes after the last of our guests left. The Thayer family was in bed by 9:00 that evening.

Saturday Olivia, Alexandra and myself drove to Cincinnati to visit with Olivia's side of the family for Thanksgiving. Doug was not able to go as prior plans had filled up his schedule. I had not seen this side of the family in years. Its been so long it was the first time for some to meet Alexandra. We had a great time. The food was yummy and the company of friends and family was even better. It was great to reminence of the day I was introduced to this side of the family. I was given a Birthday beating. Luckily there were promises kept and my toosh was saved this year.
And throughout the weekend I put up the Christmas decorations and celebrated my 29th birthday.
Overall Thanksgiving this year was one of the most memorable. I am truly blessed with the friends and family in my life. I cannot wait until Christmas to add to the memories.


Happy Birthday to me. I spent my special day with my special girl.



David, Linda and their children

Ronnie and his wife Debbie



Amanda, Sheryl and Tony



Leo, Barb and Shannon, missing one more, Jacob.



Olivia and her sister Marthanne



After a couple of takes, we finally got a picture without missing heads or body parts, and for the most part, everyone was looking at the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment