Monday, July 6, 2009

Found a few spare minutes to write...

Okay so Im stuck at work on my lunch hour when our computer system crashes. I thought I would catch up on things since its been almost a month. We have been staying super busy with work, school, Alexandra, birthday parties, hanging out with friends and family. When the weather is nice, not too hot or muggy we are all outside. Very few chances you will catch us inside. Im staying busy working a lot in my dads yard. Since my parents divorced and the kids moved out, my dad hasnt had the time (or a healthy back) to allow him time for the yard. Since he lives on many acres, he only gets to the cutting and trimming of grass. So there is plenty to keep me busy. I decided since my yard was too small to add anymore to it, I would work on Dads yard. And Im still loving it. I am almost done recreating a specific area on the side of the house where its all shade, lil sun and lots of rocks the previous owners left. My next project is the opposite side of the house where it is full shade, no grass and lots of trees. Im thinking rock garden. I will have to post pics of this area to get ideas from anyone who wants to share.

Doug is starting school back up after a lil summer break they had. He is actually in classes pertaining to his major (Business Management). So hes excited cause now he feels like our money is actually going towards his future career. He is still in a softball league and starting to play more often now that the rain has seized some. Last few games have been rained out. This 8 week league is turning into a 16 week league. He plans to get into a Fall softball league too. Ew-Did i just say Fall? Dont even want to think about cold weather.

I recently started a Digital Photography class online through Central Nine Career Center. I take a final in August and plan to take more classes. Im enjoying my camera so much and want to learn all the features and goodies it has.

Alex is still her crazy, eventful, playful, emotional, independent, amazingly smart yet unpotty-trained 2 1/2 year old. Her vocabulary is growing so much. Just this weekend she surprised me as she was leaving with her Aunt Tippy (Tiffany) and cousin Esan (Ethan). She was a lil upset leaving, not wanting to go, but quickly changed her mind and mood once they left. She asked me "mommy, are you going" and then " I want you to come" and "I want to stay". These sentences were clear as day. I could even understand her throught the tears. Its almost everyday Doug and I talk about how much she has grown and how big she is getting. And then we start to sniffle and tear up and then she asks us "Mommy, Daddy, Are you okay?" (and then we cry a lil more)

I have so many pics to post from the last month. So Ill try my darndest to get some on here soon

No comments:

Post a Comment