Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mommy and Me Time

This evening Doug left for Wichita, KS for work. I took today, Wednesday through Friday off work. I have been needing some relief from work and thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Doug takes care of Alex in the morning because I leave so early. So he gets the opportunity to see her smiling face first thing and then drop her off at daycare. I normally pick her up. With Doug gone, I would had to drop Alex off, go in work late, stay late to make up for being late and then pick her up. Well it really wasnt going to work out especially since she has to be picked up by 6. So I just decided to take off instead of stressing about it. Plus I have needed some time off for a while. I had one day here and another day there...but the stress of work is really getting to me. This summer has been so busy with special projects, training and adapting to new systems and heavy work loads. It has slowed down some giving me the opportunity to catch up and not fear too much about the workload while Im out.
Alex and I ran a few errands today, which brought us to the mall. We played at the playground in the mall. I also allowed her to walk around, rather than ride in the stroller. She enjoyed that so much she wasnt ready to leave. She did do well though as we have taught her anytime she walks in public, stores, parking lots, etc, she is to hold our hand. So she will immediately hold out her hand and wait for you to hold it before walking.
Tomorrow I have plans to take her to daycare as normal. She always enjoys playing with other kids. I plan to work out, catch up on some needed tanning, clean up the house, finish the rest of the laundry, go to a drs appt and just relax the rest of the day until I pick up Alex. Friday we have plans to eat lunch with grandma Thayer at her work downtown. We will probably browse Circle Center mall and possibly visit my coworkers. They have been asking for a visit from Alex since its been almost a year since she has been to my work.
Doug is to come home late friday night, early saturday morning. Saturday and Sunday we have plans to go to the MotoGP that Olivia bought us tickets for. We are excited as this is the first year for it in Indpls. Alex will be spending Saturday and Sunday with Grandma Thayer while we are at the race.

Here is Alex pouting while sitting in time-out. Doug didnt want me to take it but I thought she looked so adorable (and innocent). I had to get a quick shot. The only thing I dont agree on about this is the fact that she has paci and beary. How much will time-out teach her if she is allowed to have two of her favorite items while sitting there....Doug???

No comments:

Post a Comment